Sarah Leighty, Consultant and former COO
B.F.A Fine Arts; NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional #042013-107; NABCEP Certified PV Technical Sales Professional #TS-041214-003924
Sarah Leighty, former Chief Operating Officer and current consultant for SPP, has been heavily engaged in curriculum development, course delivery, and quality assurance work for SolPowerPeople since 2011. Sarah is an environmentalist and an artist. She loves camping, trail running, reading, explorations in cooking and eating, gardening, and making the most of every day.
Her key accomplishments with SolPowerPeople include:
- – Leading role in development of the SPV911 Solar Energy Systems and Fire Safety training provided to 1000’s of firefighters through out the US.
- – Lead developer of SPP’s SPV3500 Advanced PV Systems and the NEC course.
- – Design and implementation of the online SPVOS2200 Photovoltaic System Fundamentals course.
- – Quality Assurance inspection services on over 2000 residential inspections and electrical plan review for over 100 PV systems throughout the US.
- – Development and management of the #SolarMOOC, SPP CEO Richard Stovall’s brainchild which has provided free education to the entire world of hungry minds- those beginning to seek solar information, and those preparing for industry certification exams
Some of Sarah’s favorite Links in the SPP site: