Off Grid Solar System Design: A #SolarMOOC Lecture with Ryan Light
- Ryan Light’s Off Grid Webinar
- Ryan Light’s Off Grid Presentation (PDF)
- Additional Resources
- Practice Problems & Answers
Great #SolarMOOC presentation on Off Grid Solar System Design from Ryan Light on Thursday, September 6th. This lecture goes through off grid system design including load analysis, charge controller sizing, inverter sizing, array and battery bank sizing. Ryan Light gives us the low down on how to figure out what you need for your off-grid needs.
Off Grid Solar System Design with Ryan Light
- Off Grid Sizing Worksheet– battery, charge controller, inverter and array sizing – how much energy are you using?
- Load Analysis Worksheet- how much energy are you using?
- Outback Charge Controller Manual – this identifies the answer to the question posed regarding whether a 1.25 or 1.56 multiplier should be used for charge controller sizing
- References and Reading Lists – extra material to help you get your head around off-grid solar PV design AND MORE! Including NABCEP PV Installer exam Cliffnotes and Flash cards!
NABCEP Exam Practice Problems & Answers
- Problems from the 2009 NABCEP PV Installer Study Guide
- Answers for 2009 NABCEP PV Installer Study Guide Problems